Monday, January 18, 2010

Photography Goals and Upcoming Sessions

2010 Goals
As many of you already know, I'm literally "gearing" up to start my own photography business operating under the name "Carole Ingram Photography"... simple business name but it's not unusual for photographers to use their legal name.

I have many photography goals for 2010 and I'm listing them below:

1. Improve my night time photography
2. Learn backlighting
3. Improve my Off Camera Flash photography
4. Offer several "free" session to build my Portfolio
5. Get into Wedding Photography
6. Start a Portfolio Website by July 2010
7. Put a Business Plan together for possible "studio" setup
8. Improving my Photoshop Editing skills

Also, here's a list of my future purchases in order of what I think is priority and first in line to be purchased.

1. Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS Lens
2. New Computer
3. Photoshop CS4
4. Lightroom
5. Additional memory cards
6. Battery Grip & extra batteries


Upcoming Photography Sessions
This week I have two sessions...one portfolio building "maternity" shoot and one business headshot portrait session (4 individuals) for their website. Both sessions are very different from each other but equally challenging.

At the end of each posts, I will be adding a "Donate" button for the opportunity to help me on my journey of building a "debt free" photography business. All monies received will be used to purchase gear and educational materials.




No comments: